A Purpose Driven Troop
Why Join Scouting?Scouts Purpose is to allow you to:
- Make some of the best friends you'll ever make in your life!
- Go on camping trips to some of the best places. Even places where the average public is not allowed!
- Learn some very valuable skills that can help you in your future life!
- Have experiences that you will remember for the rest of your life!
- Remember the time you spend as a youth as the most enjoyable part of your life!
Since 1910, these principles have been taught in an atmosphere of recreation and fun, which allow young people to develop self-confidence, leadership and moral character. More and more men, trained as Scouts, are taking their places in today's world as responsible adult leaders. Men, who earned badges as Scouts, sit on the Supreme Court and in the chambers of Congress.
Troop 29 is sponsored by Red Clay Creek Presbyterian Church in Wilmington, Delaware.
The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is to prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
All boys of scouting age are welcome to become new members of our troop.
Eagle Scouts: Merit Beyond the Merit BadgeOne hundred years after Arthur Eldred of New York earned this nation's first Eagle Scout Award, new, independent research demonstrates the significant, positive impact Eagle Scouts have on society every day. Since it was first awarded in 1912, more than 2 million young men have achieved the Boy Scouts of America's highest rank. The study conducted by Baylor University, Merit Beyond the Badges, found that Eagle Scouts are more likely than men who have never been in Scouting to:
- Have higher levels of planning and preparation skills, be goal-oriented, and network with others
- Be in a leadership position at their place of employment or local community
- Report having closer relationships with family and friends
- Volunteer for religious and nonreligious organizations
- Donate money to charitable groups
- Work with others to improve their neighborhoods
Troop 29 is BSA GOLD Journey to Excellence Rated.
Troop 29's Latest Eagle
To Troop 29's latest Eagle Scout.
Only 2 in a hundred Boy Scouts achieve the rank of
Eagle scout, so it is with great pleasure that I
present to the scouting community Troop 29's latest
eagle scout - David Fender!
The Scouting TrailThis is the trail that the Scout shall know,
Where knightly qualities thrive and grow.
The trail of HONOR, TRUTH and WORTH,
And the strength that spring, from the good brown earth.
The trail that Scouts, in their seeking blaze,
Through the toughest tangle, the deepest maze.
Till out of boyhood the Scout comes straight,
To manhood's splendid and high estate.
Boy Scouts in the News: